No, we’re not dying of jealously. Honest, it’s fine: A woman from Durban has defied the odds in spectacular fashion, after she won two Lotto jackpots within the space of a month. Now that’s what you call a double-dip…
Lightning strikes twice: Durban woman wins two Lotto jackpots
After winning a R129 000 windfall from the Daily Lotto at the end of January, this glorious gambler tried her luck again last Wednesday, entering the flagship Lotto draw. Sure enough, her numbers came up again, and she was able to add winnings of R28 million to her previous jackpot. Here’s what we know about the overnight millionaire:
- – The lucky winner has chosen to remain anonymous.
- – She is a retail worker in her forties.
- – The Durban-based citizen bought her ticket using a R100 wager, and a Quick Pick selection method.
- – She scooped her winnings in the 24 February Lotto draw, with the numbers 7, 10, 12, 16, 29, 49, bonus 21.
- – Want to try and catch some of her luck? Her latest winning ticket was purchased at Nadasens Spar, Merebank.
How will the money be spent?
Durban’s latest one-percenter did reveal to Ithuba how she planned to spend her money – and honestly, how could anyone begrudge her this? The woman explained that she wants to help her family financially, donate a bit to charity, and ensure she has enough left over for an early retirement: Go on, get your feet up… and feel free to tell us next week’s numbers!
“I was excited to learn that I had won the lotto jackpot, especially because just four weeks ago I had won R129 000 from Daily Lotto. This is indeed my lucky year. With the money, I want to assist some family members who are struggling, donate to a charity that is close to my heart, and finally take an early retirement.”
Durban’s double-dip Lotto winner